Friday 8 October 2010

Patterns in the landscape

My good man and I have been lucky enough to have two short holidays recently, one to Norfolk, where he was born, and one to the Lake District. We both enjoy walking and visiting gardens and interesting places and I always take my camera. One of the things I am constantly watching is the richness and variety of pattern around us, do we but take the time to look for long enough.
These are just some of the things that drew my eye. Some are from the wonderful garden at East Ruston Old Vicarage, which was an inspiration, others are taken around the Langdale Pikes

Virginia creeper, texture on texture

in the sunken garden at East Ruston

Shingles and sky

The beauty of old brickwork

Lightfall in Bury Cathedral

Stone and Iron


rhythm and light


Such soft curves




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)