Sunday 20 January 2013

Winter chill

We have some snow - not a huge amount, much less here on the South Coast than further West or inland, but enough to look very charming.
We're doing our best to make sure the birds and beasts have enough to eat and drink. There are several very beautiful foxes who stroll through in the early morning; one a very lordly dog fox. I've not managed to catch any of them with the camera, but am keeping a bowl of water ice free in case they need to drink.
The Jay is a regular visitor, though very shy - he'll swoop away across the garden at the slightest movement, even if we are indoors but near the window
 
The little water boy bravely holds out his shell of water, as the snow gathers on his head

much to the delight of robin, who seems to think it's OK to take a bath in water meant for drinking

while at the bottom of the garden, there is the most delicate tracery of branches weaving a snowy web in the air

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I seem to be running a fast-food joint for the birds in my garden - they're getting better fed than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, I never get a jay in my garden, they're beautiful. Loads of other birds including a pheasant and a wren at the same time the other day - quite a contrast in size!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)