I haven't shown you this recently. I've done all sorts.
I took out these distracting open chain stitches in dark blue and purple - I am learning the value of unpicking and persevering. These were originally done to explore creating a cell like pattern to sit above the organza for the dragonfly project, which is simply in abeyance at the moment, not forgotten
it has evolved into something else, a counter-play between the surface and what lies beneath. Now I'm focusing here in the top left corner. Just an echo of the wave pattern picked up from the fabric below. I need to do something to hold down the organza at the top left. Something delicate that doesn't draw the eye away from the orange wave. So I'm looking at the threads I've got
Absolutely wrong, too pale and shiny though it has been used elsewhere
A good purple, but too fat and shiny, again it will draw the eye too much.
Lovely colours, and the right weight, but might tucking bright orange up here be a bit distracting, in this quiet space?
But here, the colours of the organza are echoed closely, the weight is right, and it's a matte thread so won't draw the eye, just blend gently I hope. I'm also looking to break the edge at the side by bringing the flow out onto the ground fabric so it softens that line of blue on the left.
And for an interesting change of scale and tone, I have a Studio 11 next week so also need to consider these - not sure if this will become something functional or decorative, but I love the patterns created by the breakdown process shown in video by Clare Benn and Leslie Morgan
The family of fabrics I've dyed to go with the printed fabric - resist screen printed at the top, embedded screen printed at the bottom. I'm rather pleased with them.