Sunday 27 May 2012

Good morning your Ladyship

After a wonderful sunset last night, today dawned hot and sticky once more.
As I was getting dressed, I glanced out of the window upstairs and caught site of something large, striped and buzzy fossicking about in the garden. "Hmm" I thought "that's a jolly big bumble bee - I must investigate", so scurried downstairs (yes, properly dressed) and grabbed my camera.
Not a bee at all, but this exotic looking visitor.
She is a Broad-Bodied Chaser, "Libellula depressa" according to the British Dragonfly Society, and what a lovely lady she is, perched, sunning herself, absorbing all that lovely energy atop our rhododendron
I do hope the cats leave her alone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)