Wednesday 24 October 2012

Still here - honest

Hello good souls. In case you think I've forgotten you - I haven't. I'm just struggling a little with a combination of fibromyalgia (long established), chronic fatigue syndrome (newly diagnosed) AND labyrinthitis (all this month!). If only such delightfully exotic sounding names didn't have such unpleasant manifestations!! As it is, the world sways in a rather unnerving way if my head goes off the vertical (beware oh cats, when I stoop to put biscuits in your bowls - you may find ME in them instead) and I feel constantly under the weather - which has been misty moisty all week. However, I still managed to have a very fine time last Saturday being taught Stumpwork by Kay Dennis at our Embroiderer's Guild day class, which was tremendous fun. We were all tasked with making a start on one of her project kits; she showed us, clearly, precisely, with both skill and humour, what to do; we did our best to follow suit. I'm about three quarters of the way towards finishing. There are three exotic mushrooms on a little hillock! Will post some pictures once I'm done.

In the meantime, you might enjoy Ember's delightful post on being stout, which gave me particular pleasure recently! If only I could be so sanguine!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're not well - hope you've not spent too much time in the cats' bowls...! Thinking healing thoughts for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire, on the mend and stitching again which is good. I nearly misread bowls for .... well, lets not go there!! :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)