Sunday 4 November 2012

Mushrooms!


so here they are, all finished though not yet framed. I'm really pleased with the way they turned out. I didn't expect to be able to create something that looks so complete from just one workshop (OK and a week off sick!), but having a kit to work from made all the difference as it provided the framework, all I had to provide were the stitches and a bit of thought about what colours to use.
 
A couple of closeups so you can see just how 3 dimensional they are once all is put together on the ground cloth
the grassy knoll

and a few little dewdrops, just waiting for a fairy to gather for her morning skin care routine.

Would i do more stumpwork? Yes, absolutely; it has a magic about it that I really enjoyed; the detail is such fun and creating a little three dimensional world ticks all sorts of boxes for me. I just need to practice more.
But first, there's a City and Gilds to work with. We had the first of our "splish splash splosh" days with Barbara yesterday, which was great fun, as ever. I have homework to do, having created a distorted grid stencil to play with ... oh and there's Cecil's quilt to finish. That's this afternoon's pleasure
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. What magnificent mushrooms!! They look great.

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Bean, they've been such fun to make ... many congrats on the arrival of new grandbaby, how absolutely lovely to have a grand daughter

      Delete
  2. Wow - even better than I thought they were going to be! Do more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I am rather pleased with them, and will do more .... in amongst everything else!!

      Delete
  3. I know what a lot of hours go into this work, they are so lovely, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna, they have been such fun to do, and a real revelation of the potential of stumpwork to create little landscapes in cloth and stitch. No wonder the Elizabethans loved it with their appetite for all things new and strange

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)