Tuesday 6 September 2022

Quiet corner

I can see these flowers from my kitchen window as I potter about. I have been loving the little gathering of warm colours, part of the corner display my dear heart put together for our open gardens day back in July. Two delicious dahlias and, in between, cheerfully nodding cosmos. We have been dead heading and watering as much as energy will allow and they are rewarding us with this heartwarming display

Elsewhere the garden is sparse and brown, but some good heavy downpours are forecast, at long last, for the south east corner, so perhaps things will green up a little before we dive down into winter. 

Gardening is all about hope isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine a prettier view through any kitchen window. I love those reds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think gardening is the intersection between hope and determination!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)