Sunday 14 April 2019

Spring springing

I have a cream blouse, haggled for in the Bazaar in Istanbul, which fell foul of one of the very occasional times I succumb to chocolate ice cream. You know it was a hot day, because I was wearing that blouse, light and loose, cotton, embroidered round the neckline and sleeves, just right for a very hot day. That was the last time I wore it, because of course, chocolate ice cream stains, so my cream blouse had a couple of brown marks front and centre, impossible to disguise or erase. Unless, of course, you have recourse to dye and a bucket - oh, and an old stocking.  The blous is folded and comresssed into the stocking, which is tied at the top. The dye an indeterminate colour, an amalgam of magenta, turquoise, and sprinkle of golden yellow and a final flash of purple five minutes before the soda went in. Spring always nudges me to get an orange bucket or two out

Yes, I know the image looks a little .... ummm, strange shall we say. And that's after I've cropped it



Looking forward to unwrapping this

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)