Sunday 29 March 2020

Missed

It will be ten years this year that she has been gone, though she is in my heart every day. Today would have been her 94th birthday

Rosemary and her Mummy (Ganna) on the beach at St Leonards 1927
On the beach with her Mum c. 1927

Looking confident pre war
More happy summer beach days

Rosemary and her beloved dog Randy - Alexandra Park c.1946
Aged around 20 - sunshine and shadow

Mum and Dad in their courting days

Rosemary and her beloved granddaughter Jen 2003, her strong spirit still shining through
a very happy grandmother

I am so glad she didn't have to fear this thing. I phoned my aunt this week on her birthday; she and Mum shared the same birth year. I felt her despondency; when life is burdensome enough the isolation and lack of "normal" feels just too much to bear. I hope my call gave her some small pleasure

1 comment:

  1. My sympathies. This sort of time brings loss back to mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)