Monday 25 January 2021

Mended

These gloves! Mum made them for me I would guess around 45 years ago, both greys from other projects, the fingers and cuff from a ripped down school cardigan. You can see from the way they have moulded to my finger shapes that they have has a lot of use.


This week I noticed a hole as I pulled them on; the first in all these years. That grey wool now long gone, I repaired it with red thread, a symbol of my enduring love for her, though she’s been gone more than ten years now. And a symbol of her love for me, given so freely, keeping my hands warm all this time.


2 comments:

  1. They do look long used and much loved. Beautifully long cuffs to cover that bit of thin skin under the wrist that sheds heat so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, and I smile a small smile to myself every time I see your similar grey fingerless gloves in your slow stitching videos

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)