Saturday 18 July 2020

Garden nooks and crannies

Come with me for a little perambulation. I have been doing a bit of tidying and realigning of a little portion of the garden that lives just outside the door beside which I sit. It is a little path that was all but invisible when we moved in, and along it you can enjoy the tripod with a lamp which my son in law made for me, the trickling of the pond as you pass the bird tree with all its dangling treats, the maple which Mum gave me years and years ago which found its true roots in this garden, and a little Japanese lantern which has had several spots in the garden, it may have found its happy place here. 



It all looks very dry and a bit weed spotted, but in spring there are hellebores and pulmonaria, then later geranium. I must think about planting for this time of the year


The lantern sits just behind the all important cricket listening chair


Shady seating by the lavender 


Where you can look back to the pond


Where the maple glows in the morning sun


2 comments:

  1. You're right about the maple - it really does glow, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It lived in a pot for many many years, until I found a place I knew I would stop. Once it found it's roots in the soil it has really rewarded us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)