Thursday 11 February 2021

Chilly evening

 It is getting harder to keep up the motivation to go out and get exercise with these frigid days of winter. Yesterday I was all but resigned that my walk was too much effort, especially as the snow began to drift down again, but I gave myself a Good Talking To. I had noticed that sunset and low tide would coincide, so despite gathering clouds I told myself I would regret it if I didn't pop down to the seaside just to see - after all I didn't have to get out of the car did I?

And, as the wise Sandra Brownlee says "you have to begin ... that's all you have to do" and once you've begun things flow from there, though I often forget this and get stuck in "not doing". So I hopped in the car, grateful for the heated steering wheel and seat, and drove the short way down to the seafront, snow hissing on the windscreen, to see what I could find.

There weren't many folk there, but the tide was low and the sun was glowing from behind the snow clouds, shining on the wet sand all the way round the bay to Eastbourne, with Beachy Head and the Downs, dusted with snow, in the distance


Folk were walking along the shoreline, dogs prancing and dancing on the sand


And the De La Warr Pavilion was looking rosy in the evening light.

Well worth the effort of just beginning; beauty to delight, the brisk evening air to refresh and a walk to invigorate and add to my step count for the day.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes "Just beginning" is the hardest thing to do. But this was definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it is, but I usually find its worth it - especially when it come to taking a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so worth the effort, for sure! In everything I do, I try to remember William Wordsworth's words..."To begin...begin!" I love your wonderfully written posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)