Wednesday 24 February 2021

Really there

I have made the decision, and opened up ‘An Elbow’s Length of Thread’, which began in 2017, to all my previous and new stitchy, textiley posts. A separate space in which to talk cloth and stitch. I will remain here too, with Ganna's lamp to my left  and all my loved ones, here and gone, beside me.


This space remains as it has been from the start; musings and gardens and thinking stuff. I would love it if you joined me in both.

So, a fresh post there, on the Venus Coat - follow me over 

While for here, another little touch of spring - these cyclamen make me smile every time I see them, so I thought I'd post them again


The vivid red leaves of the trachelospermum (star jasmine) have been there all through the winter, and soon will be joined by fresh leaves and then, in summer, by glorious jasmine scent


4 comments:

  1. Your garden pictures make me happy too. And, that's a good thing for there is absolutely nothing going on now in my gardens. I will be watching anxiously to see what survived the record breaking temperatures we experienced last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to bring pleasure - you certainly have got it chilly at the moment, but I love your granddaughter's snow bear. Spring will come soon and then all things live will come shooting up :-)

      Delete
  2. There's something quite heart-stoppingly lovely about cyclamen, isn't there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is indeed, and they cover two season, depending on which variety is planted. So delicate yet so robust. There are tiny self seeded autumn flowering ones in the front garden which I am nurturing too

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)